ADVERTISEMENT

Qanon

I’ve been saying for a couple years the normalization of crazy ass conspiracy theories is really dangerous.

Mostly I just get people here telling me I’m crazy though. But it’s what lead to storming our Capitol and lots of people here, college educated, not having a problem with it. People saying it’s public property so of course people could break into windows and kill cops to get in.
Actually I believe pretty much everyone on this board has denounced the Capitol attack. But then you usually are not tethered to the facts.

Actually I believe pretty much everyone on this board has denounced the Capitol attack. But then you usually are not tethered to the facts.
Here is a sampling of your own words:

"Like I keep saying, I don’t know the rules in that building. But from what I see in the video you posted those look like typically public spaces to me."

"I seriously doubt any of the protesters wanted to harm any of the lawmakers"

"her worst offense is trespassing" (said about the lady trying to get into the House chambers)

Some others...

"And the next time a police officer wails away on a BLM protestor like the one in this video ... just kiss my ass! No sympathy from my end" (about the officer killed)

Last edited:
Are there really any sane democrats? They vote as a block. Can we name one Democrat who's less scary than Qanan. I would say Manchin...maybe

Are AOC and jeffmc the logical ones now??😄
Hi @darterbury. This how you tag someone to offend them properly.

And your whatabouts that Fox News and NewsMax taught you never offend me. Your whole post is a gross oversimplification of the world, but it feels like you need it this way.

Reactions: bioaggie
You must not remember the video that statement was about. No need to re-hash. Which of the statements you quoted were in support of the siege?
You said everyone denounced it. I did not say everyone supported it.

The quoted statements don’t look like denouncing.

You said everyone denounced it. I did not say everyone supported it.

The quoted statements don’t look like denouncing.
Ok. I'll claim the Travester fifth on that. "You never denounced that....I never said I supported it".

After learning more about the Capitol building and its rules.....I do not support what the group did.

However, I do believe that it is a signal that conservatives (even if some of them are right wingnuts), alot of peaceful conservatives are getting fed up with all the media bias, being fear-labeled (racist, homophope and whatever else they want to scare people with) and the cancel culture. And that's a scary thing. What happens if they really do start to get their shit together and push back on all of that fake stuff?

The same thing that happens if any large group believes they are wronged, do not believe they are being listened to, organize and become violent I would guess. We just saw that happen this summer.

But I believe there is a difference in protesting against the government that you feel has wronged you and destroying innocent civilians' property and lives.
That’s because you believe one side has been wronged and not the other. BLM would say the opposite and would say they tried nonviolent means (kneeling for example)

And I think most people encourage or are at least ok with protesting, it’s when it gets violent or destructive is when it becomes an issue.

Reactions: jeffmc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT