ADVERTISEMENT

CWS Hotels

newAD

New or Lurking
Oct 14, 2007
Hi Aggie fans,

I live in the Omaha area. I am posting this message because I do not want to see any CWS fans come here and stay at a particular hotel after an incredibly horrible lack of sympathy by the owners of a particular hotel last year.

There is a hotel in Omaha that years ago was a very nice hotel. It was the location of the Omaha Playboy Club before those all closed.

This hotel was bought by a family, that was sooooo cheap, that they just blacked out some letters on one of their signs, as opposed to buying a new sign. That was many years ago.

Last year numerous fans from at least 2 schools had their rooms broken into and had valuables stolen. The suspects likely used a electronic device to defeat the card lock system. These victims had all sorts of items taken.

This incident could have happened at any hotel, but.....this hotel at the time, had zero surveillance equipment, and I highly doubt this has changed.

As a native Omahan, what pissed me off was I happened to have a reason to be there when these fans discovered their rooms had been burglarized (for my own job security reasons, I have to be vague as to why I was there), was these fans were upset, and many wanted to check out, and be let out of the terms of their multiple night reservations. This family refused to not charge these fans for the entire terms of their reservations after they had been victimized.

Had the owners spent some $$$$ on a surveillance system at some point during their ownership, maybe that hotel would not have been targeted? They were more worried about getting $300 a night for a place that I'd NEVER pay to stay in.

This family showed NO compassion to numerous victims, and as an Omahan, it made me damn near sick. I want people who come to Omaha for the CWS to enjoy their time, and this family gave my hometown a bad name.

The fans effected were from Texas Tech and Mississippi, and possibly one other school. So what I am saying can easily be confirmed. So, IF the Aggies make the CWS, and if you are possibly coming if they do, well do not stay that this hotel! Drive further if you must. Fans who come to our city deserve better.
RoadtripUSA1_Day3_9.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT