ADVERTISEMENT

Chavis impact for 2015

metzger field

Known Member
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2001
Middle of south central Virginia
I've been thinking about the LSU fan base prevailing butt hurt position about Chavis leaving, their feeling that Chavis did nothing but hurt them in close games in the fourth quarter. In the beginning I thought this was nothing but sour grapes. I got to thinking there might a couple of things that could be driving this, although in the end is nothing but excuses.

LSU has not had a strong offense. They have relied on defense to keep them in games until the offense can string something together to put points on the board. They have had to have a strong defense to win games. Their overall W/L record shows the defense has delivered on the whole; it sure isn't the offense winning games for them.

Invariable, LSU will be in close scoring games because of the ineptitude of the offense. That means the defense has been put under constant pressure with little room for error going into fourth quarter and end of game situations. No defense will be perfect and giving up late scores when other teams are willing to take more risks on offense will happen. If you have a decent offense, this won't happen as often. Over the course of a game, with a decent to good defense, even more points will be put on the board as they are given more possession opportunities during the course of the game.

I think the offense will be improved next year. If the OL comes together, scoring should go up from last year. Pair this with an average defense and this team can go far.

It's only March, the next five months will drag until the first game. If a Chavis defense pays off the way it should, 2015 will be a great season. Is it September 5th yet?
This post was edited on 3/30 8:47 AM by metzger field

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News