ADVERTISEMENT

A&M would win a CF playoff

KopiKat

Known Member
Nov 2, 2006
This is the best team in the country right now. No denying it. The more they play the better they get. Damn fun to watch too. A playoff system and the title is in College Station - that's just straight up. Congrats for the great win, and thanks for joining our league. Gig 'em

Oregon/Texas A&M would be interesting.

What sucks for college football fans is that if there was a playoff this year, aTm would've been on the outside looking in - even in an 8 team playoff.

Originally posted by weevilcatch:

What sucks for college football fans is that if there was a playoff this year, aTm would've been on the outside looking in - even in an 8 team playoff.
Yep. Even the idiot Skip Bayless said if there was a playoff this year and A&M was in it, the Ags would probably win the national championship.

Originally posted by Chile Pequin:

Originally posted by weevilcatch:

Yep. Even the idiot Skip Bayless said if there was a playoff this year and A&M was in it, the Ags would probably win the national championship.
You listen/watch/keep up with Skip Bayless???? What the hell is wrong with you Chile?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

It's truly tragic that major college football doesn't have a playoff similar to every other football association on earth. Too many times have I seen teams such as this year's Aggies become the best at the end of the season, only to be relegated to an "exhibition" game and not be allowed to compete for the national title. A four team "playoff" is better than none but a 16 team tournament would be sure to include the A&Ms of the future.

aTm would be right in the mix alright. To say any team would win it based on bowl games is a goin' some. The key against aTm is speed on defense as exhibited by LSU, Alabama and Florida. OU not so much
laugh.r191677.gif

Exactly. OU looked like they were running in sand. They never once got seperation on a downfield pass. And they must have the 2nd worst defense in college football after West Virginia. Congrats to A&M. game. But you mirons thinking they would win the Natty in a playoff seem to convieniently forget the last 3 quarters of the Alabama game and the fact that if Bama had run 4 times from the 6 like they should have you would bhave been playing in the Gator Bowl last night. And remember ND beat OU by 21 in Norman when OU was still in the Natty hunt. You know damn well you could not beat Bama again. And next year we get you after a bye week. RTR!

To say that a&m wouldn't be in a playoff this season is maybe true from consideration of current rankings but speculative based on what conditions, and results, a loooming playoff system would have applied to football throughout the season. Who knows? With playoff seeding on the line maybe Oregon holds their ground (home turf) against Stanford. In that case - total conjecture here - the Aggies would be the 8th team in and probably lined up against the Irish in round 1. You can shrug off the possibility by simply examining only the conditions that currently exist (BCS rankings), but their is ZERO assurance that those results would have repeated identically had major Div 1 been playing all year long to get in the playoffs instead of, as just one ridiculous example, the Chick Fil A bowl, which is what LSU was rewarded with for beating a&m - crazy stupid system.

Crimson, totally disagree. Idk who would win a rematch, but A&M would certainly have a good chance at winning, as would Bama. Anytime you have a solid coaching staff and skilled players, on top of having the best playmaker in the country directing your Offense, you have a chance in any game. If the playoff system was put in place this year, I think A&M would have just as good of a shot at winning it all as everyone else. Heck, I think of all the teams that have one or two losses, A&M is playing the best ball in the country right now.

Well RJ91 I see your post is dated Jan 5th. So I'll give you a chance to retract that statement. The facts are that A&M and Oregon are playing the best college ball in the country right now - but Bama is playing like a semi-pro team. Monday night even a college allstar team wouldn't have stood a chance. And I doubt A&M will ever again get to play Bama when we are in a position as vulnerable as we were this year coming off games against Tennesse, Miss St and LSU in Death Valley at night. I'm not dissing A&M. I'm proud they are in the SEC East. But only a homer would think they could have taken home the crystal this year, and next year we will be just as dangerous on offense as they are. Nope - I've got a Pay Pal account and I'll take any bets who want A&M in September. And that's not even considering that next time it will be a revenge game for Bama and Saban and we all know how those usually end up. RTR!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Crimsonite1:
I'm not dissing A&M. I'm proud they are in the SEC East.
RTR!

About as astute as the 'typical' red-turder is most days.....
laugh.r191677.gif

Moving right along....
===============

As to the thread subject: A&M would win a CF playoff.

The SEC now has 7 Consecutive BCS-NC's, and are 9-0 in BCS-NC games.

UA ---- 13-1 -- 9-0 SEC (SEC-C)

UF ----- 11-2 - 7-1 SEC (lost to UGA)

UGA -- 12-2 - 7-2 SEC (SECe-C) (lost to USCe & UA)

aTm --- 11-2 - 6-2 SEC (lost to UF & LSU)

USCe - 11-2 - 6-2 SEC (lost to UF & LSU)

LSU --- 10-3 - 6-2 SEC (lost to UF & UA)

As usual, the SEC's Top 6 teams on the season went a combined 68-12 (.850) and 4-2 (.667) in the Bowls.
The SEC's 9 Bowl teams went 6-3 (.667).

As far as a Playoff goes, the SEC has had a PLAYOFF since 1992, but aTm couldn't win that Playoff this year.

IMOHO, on any given day, any of those Top 6 SEC teams can beat anybody else in the Nation,

including each other. And that FACT is what makes the SEC what it is, the far-and-away

best and toughest conference in the Nation. Every year is a struggle, and next year will be no different.

PS

Both Sumlin and Muschamp deserved National CoY more than NL's Jelly-Belly-Kelly, and that is a FACT!

No doubt we would curb stomp UF in a rematch.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by catorano:

Posted from wireless.rivals.com
How about if I just
roll.r191677.gif
at U and it (your claimed/delusional curb-stomping).

And WE??? What WE are you spouting off about? You got a rat in your pocket?
I doubt that YOU are on the field to do anything, unless you're the H2O boy.
flush.r191677.gif

Let aTm win an SEC-C first, before spouting off with your 'won nothing' in the SEC so far mouth.
Then maybe win 2 BCS-NC's while playing a full SEC schedule before spouting off about who they might c-stomp.

UF has already played for 10 SEC-C's going 7-3 in them. That's the best there is in the SEC since 1992.

UF is also 2-0 in BCS-NC games, both of which were played against the
#1 Ranked team,,,
and BOTH had that years
Heisman QB.

2006 UF 41 - 14 #1 tOSU / T.Smith ----- 2008 UF 24 - 14 #1 Okla / S.Bradford (54 pts/gm)

Right now aTm is more of a 'Johnny Come Lately' than they are a 'Johnny Football'.....

aTm had a real nice 11-2, 6-2 SEC, 1st season, be happy with that for right now, and keep on building.
(UF was 11-2, 7-1 SEC against the Nation's #1 SoS)

Didn't read that but y'all barely beat us with 10% Johnny.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Always read every (idiot) word of your posts,,,, very rewarding.
laugh.r191677.gif

Yep, and so glad that you at least noticed that you LOST AT HOME to the Gators,,,
while going scoreless in the entire 2nd half.
Now, just wait until you eventually get a chance to play the Gators in the SWAMP and see what happens.
I notice that the home & home (that is usual with other division teams) is not happening in 2013, lucky you.

Won - UF 14 - 6 LSU (+8) (they didn't have little johnny for either half against UF)

Lost - aTm 19 - 24 LSU (-5) - (was little johnny just 10% for that SEC game too?)
ohwell.r191677.gif

* Heck, you barely squeaked by a 7-6 Ole Miss by +3,,, but you'd probably curb-stomp them too in a re-match....
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Keep talking, it's highly amusing to this long time SEC/Gator fan...
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by instaGATOR:

Tell me, where was 10% Johnny when aTm only beat 7-6 Ole Miss by +3?
And does 10% Johnny play on the aTm defense too?
nerd.r191677.gif
Your aTm gave up 283 pts in 13 games, 21.8 pts/gm going against the #34 SoS.
My Gators gave up just 188 pts, 14.5 pts/gm while going against the #1 SoS.

Originally posted by Crimsonite1:
aTm would win a playoff? BwaaHawwHawwHaww HawwHaww! RTR!
Your act has become tiring. It's okay to run smack over here once in a while but when that's the only thing you post, well....well you're not going to stay here very long. You've been warned.

Hi catorano. I see that you are 37 years old. I've been following college football 60+ years. I've seen Oklahoma lose more games before you were born than probably the entire number of games you've watched aTm play.

I was mega impressed with the aTm team that spanked our buttocks in the Cotton Bowl. I've stated that fact many times and will do so again. Great win by aTm at the perfect time.

Now...........for some fatherly advice. Once another team has defeated your favorite school, congradulate them and then simply move on. If you live to age 80+, you'll get to see aTm lock horns with that conference team many, many, times. Dissing a team who has already fefeated your favorite is bad, bad, form. Very bad. When a mature Flordia fan sees your above post, they are embarrassed for you. You just don't know, and you don't know that you don't know.

After OU defeated aTm 77-0, I have never mentioned that game again until this post. Cato, you will someday learn that no matter how bad your favorite team (aTm) defeats another, someday in the future that program will return the favor and rip your boys a new one. I saw OU go 3 years without losing a single game. When the great players were finally gone, man did we get paid back!!! Teams we had embarrassed stomped us bad.

Bottom line is to simply be a good sport. Be humble is both victory and defeat. Trust me, you're gonna see a lot of both. MM

Im all for singing the praises of your team during a period of success. Its awesome to feel great when your team kicks ass. You guys deserve it for last season.

Think about this... What were you without Johnny? What were you with Johnny? What will you be when Johnny is gone?

The SEC is accepting right now because you brought them a heisman. But when Johnny is gone and you become a mid pack SEC team you'll be treated the same way by the SEC fan base as you were with the Big12 fan base. Respect is quickly lost and forgotten without the big wins to go with it. And when you fall from grace the SEC wont see you as a SEC team... you'll just be the trash from the Big12 that sneaked in the backdoor of the SEC party.

Well the SEC party is over, Johnny has left the building. Everyone is looking at you kinda funny right now because all of a sudden you just dont belong anymore.

If you'd just stayed you would have a Big 12 Championship and maybe played for the Nat Championship last year. You'd have been remembered forever... now just Johnny will be remembered. A lifetime of integrity lost for a few moments of glory.

Its a shame how all of this played out.

Like a Sooner knows anything about the SEC. STFU and go back to hitching your schooner to tu. remember y'all admit that you can't survive without the sips. What a pathetic way to live.

Originally posted by 1968fan:
Like a Sooner knows anything about the SEC. STFU and go back to hitching your schooner to tu. remember y'all admit that you can't survive without the sips. What a pathetic way to live.
Growing up in Mississippi Ive seen far more games in Starkville and Oxford than I have in Norman Ok and most certainly more than you Aggie boy.

Originally posted by ESPiam:
Originally posted by 1968fan:
Growing up in Mississippi Ive seen far more games in Starkville and Oxford than I have in Norman Ok and most certainly more than you Aggie boy.
Did you see this (below) game? WOW...watch that head bounce...ba boom boom boom boom BOOM!

ousux.0_standard_153.0.gif

Couple years from now when someone sees that play they'll say "Oh wow that's Johnny Manziel.... uh who did he play for?"

Cling to Johnny while you can. He's the only thing that makes you relevant right now.

Really I hope you do good in the SEC beyond just this last year. But you arent true SEC and they will never accept you as such. Yeah they'll high five you at parties as long as you bring beer. But when its gone....

Have a great season and I'll be pulling for you to beat Bama!

So who is ESPiam? The SEC has invited A&M to join the SEC. Once in A&M is on equal footing with all members. A strong conference is the objective of all member schools. For some one to say A&M will never be accepted may think this conference is operated like the Big 12. No even close!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT